Monday 28 February 2011

Wedding Fayre

I was invited by my very good friends Jane and Sharon of Machynlleth Wedding Dresses, to take some of my cupcakes to the wedding fayre they had organized at the Llety Park Lodge in Aberystwyth on Sunday.

The lodge is a hotel situated on the roundabout near the Parc Y Lyn retail park so it's in a good spot to catch people going in and out of Morrison's supermarket and the other shops there.

Jane and Sharon hired an upstairs room for the fayre and I was greeted by a room full of gorgeous dresses, tiaras and veils. There is something magical about a big floaty gown and if I had a zillion pounds I'd have bought the lot -- just to swan around the house in. I could quite see myself putting out the wheelie bin wearing ivory tull!

I had an absolutely lovely day. With three grown up lads the conversation in my house rotates around football, wrestling, video games, boxing, did I mention football? So to get the chance to spend some time in a purely female environment and also have the opportunity to display my cupcakes was a real treat. We even donned tiaras to get into the spirit of things, although I must admit I was slightly worried I'd forget to take it off and dash into Morrisons with the equiviliant of the crown jewels on my head -- typically I'd chosen to wear one that wouldn't look out of place on her Majesty.

As follows are my photos.



Machynlleth Wedding Dresses have a Facebook page and sell their dresses at extremely affordable prices.


My cupcake display at the Wedding Fayre.



A satisfied customer! A little girl tucking into one of my cupcakes while her mummy looked at the dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment